Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sync Pocket PC2003 on HP 5450 pda with Vista

I know that ActiveSync cannot be used on Vista to Sync outlook. However if you read the supported OS section of Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit) you'll see that any pocketPC 2003/2 version is not supported.

So there was me thinking of either downgrading my OS back to XP or buying a new PDA!!! Then I came across someone who said, hey just install it anyway, I've been syncing my HP 5455 no problem. So I thought, if he can do it....so can I!! Well the install of WMDM was a breeze and the UI rocks. I held my breath for a while whan I said setup partnership, thinkig here comes the 'your device is too old....' But it worked. It actually worked and now I can sync on Vista with my Outlook on Pocket PC2003. I think there is 1 proviso, the desktop must not be Outlook 2002 or 2003. However on this I am not sure.

So it looks like no new PDA for me.... just yet :)

No comments: